Entertainment Industry Onsite Care
The entertainment industry is a unique occupational sector which posses challenges to the health of its 'talent' and support employees. Frequent travel, irregular work hours, reduced sleep and (occasional) indulgences lay the foundation for a litany of health issues. Insomnia, impaired cognitive function (memory and mental clarity), weakened immunity, bowel health issues, menstrual health issues and emotional disturbances (including depression) are far too common. For those brave soles working in the film industry in Canada, with its bleak winters and darkness, these issues are all the more relevant.
The Millennium Health Centre and Dr. Jones are more than familiar with these unique challenges, having worked with colleagues in the film industry. In visiting their 'shoots', he noticed a vast array of on-site services for the industry employees and 'talent' inclusive of 24 hour catering, personal trainers, some medical support, child care and more.
What he did not see in these travels was access to naturopathic medical care, let alone much medical care on-site at all. As many in the entertainment industry are aware of their bodies, have concerns about medical care that is solely pharmaceutically oriented and are personally oriented towards a more patient-centered form of health care, on-site Naturopathic care is a logical service for the industry.
Dr. Jones and the Millennium Health Centre are able to offer most of the services described on this website on-site to the entertainment industry. Working as a consultant to support existing medical staff, or providing direct primary care, Dr. Jones can bring Naturopathic care to the shoot, the trailer or backstage.
Industries that could benefit include:
- Film industry.
- Traveling performance arts or music acts - Dr. Jones can be recruited to provide on-site care. Such options provide the perfect solution for the traveling organization that is unable to seek care in one location.
Illustrations of Services:
- Individualized nutrition - work with craft services to tailor specific (therapeutic) diets for the particular health conditions of an employee or talent.
- Physical exams
- Blood tests - depending on location, requisitions can be provided to have tests run before the act leaves town. Dr. Jones can then personally follow-up with the individual or their medical counsel.
- Possible I.V. therapies - see the 'Intravenous Therapies' section of the 'Services' page.
- Physiotherapeutic therapies.
- Non-pharmaceutical medications (ie. 'neutraceuticals' - see the 'Naturopathic Medicine' section of the 'Services' page).
Key Treatment Areas:
- Sleep disorders and/or insomnia
- Mental clarity
- Bowel Health
- Anxiety and emotional concerns
- Endocrine (ie. hormonal) concerns
Medicine is evolving in North America and patients are demanding individualized health care, time with a doctor and proper testing to find out why they feel the way they do. Having worked with corporations to develop workplace health care strategies, not to mention having worked with those in the entertainment industry, Dr. Jones and the Millennium Health Centre are capable of delivering personalized care to address the unique needs of the industry and its employees. Management will be rewarded with not only increased productivity and creativity, but with increased employee satisfaction. Knowing one's employer is truly concerned for the well-being of its staff is, as they say, 'priceless'. Achieving this employee satisfaction, decreased absenteeism, increased creativity and dedication with care paid for by group health plans is even more 'priceless'.
Producers, managers and agents are encouraged to contact the Millennium Health Centre directly to discuss these services further. Call toll-free at 1-888-674-9765, direct at (613) 932-4734, fax at (613) 932-5095 or email at email@example.com (note that emails may take up to 5 business days for a reply).